Winter Parking Regulations 2019-2020
- Published: Tuesday, 21 January 2020 10:29
WINTER PARKING REGULATIONS
Whereas due to the congestion on the streets and highways in the communities of New Glasgow and Trentoncaused by vehicular and pedestrian traffic and the limitation on the free use of the streets liable to be caused bythe presence of snow and ice thereon and notwithstanding that certain traffic signs have been erected in thesecommunities prohibiting or permitting vehicles to park or stand upon any street during the hours statedthereon:
(a) No person shall park or leave standing any vehicle upon any street in these communities between thehours of 01:00 a.m. and 07:00 a.m. of the same day.
(b) No owner, driver or person having control or custody of any vehicle shall between the1stday of December, 2019 and the 1stday of April, 2020, park or leave unattended by a person authorized tomove and capable of operating the same upon any street in the above manner as to hinder,inconvenience or prevent removal or snow or ice from such highway or street.
(c) No owner, driver or person having control or custody of any vehicle shall during the period from onehour after any snow storm has commenced to two hours after such snow storm has stopped, park thevehicle if it is unattended by a person authorized to move and capable of operating the same, upon anystreet in these communities.
Nothing in the foregoing shall apply to:
1. A motor vehicle of a physician or surgeon parked reasonably near his/her office or residence andimmediately available for professional calls.
2. A motor vehicle parked by a physician or surgeon who is actually engaged in his/her professionaloccupation and reasonably near where he/she is so engaged.
3. A motor vehicle parked by an operator who is actually engaged in discharging his/her duties as a PoliceOfficer or a member of the police or the armed services.
4. A motor vehicle parked by an operator who is actually engaged in discharging his/her duties as amember of a Fire Department.
5. A commercial vehicle parked by an operator for the purpose of loading or unloading merchandise.
6. A motor vehicle belonging to a public utility company or corporation parked reasonably near theresidence of an operator and immediately available for emergency calls.
It shall be an offence for any person to fail to comply with these regulations and such person will be liable to apenalty as provided by Section 293 of the Motor Vehicle Act.
No person shall remove or permit to be removed snow or ice from a property onto a public street, sidewalk orother public place.
Businesses are reminded that it is your responsibility to remove all snow and ice from the sidewalk abutting their property including the street corner.
Your cooperation is essential for the safety of all pedestrians particularly school children and senior citizensduring the winter months.
Chief Eric MacNeil
Town's of New Glasgow & Trenton